Work Options

International Students studying in Canada can work for 20 hrs. per week and 40hrs per week time during holidays or Vacations. Dependents (spouse / partner) of student can work full time.

Canadian universities and colleges provide Co-op program in which a student can work as part of the course in their related field and also earn credits for it.

Students are eligible for a Post Study work permit for a period of 3 years if the study program is for a minimum period of 2 years. Otherwise the work permit is for a period same as the duration of the course.

PR Options:

International students who have graduated from a course in Canada would gain points under the Skilled Migrant Category and may lead the path for applying for PR. Permanent residency for Canada through various immigration programs like

  • Canadian Experience Class category
  • Federal (38 occupation list)
  • Quebec
  • Alberta
  • Manitoba
  • Saskatchewan
  • British Columbia